Monday, May 3, 2010

where we are

funny how it works sometimes... i had the sensation of being in a country house last night. i hang a line across the kitchen to let the delicate clothes dry instead of putting them in the dryer when i do laundry. yesterday with the heat, which made it seem more like july than may, i went to sleep bracing myself for the nightime heat.

at 4 in the morning i was awakened by thunder showers, lots of rain came tumbling down in the early morning silence... indeed breaking the heat. the clothes on the line in the kitchen were swaying in the breeze, and the smell of rain filled the house. thought i was in the country house for a minute, all the pretty colours from springtime; light fabrics, a gentle breeze, silence and the sound of rain... funny how a moment of holiday and rest finds us where we are...

2 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I have to tell you that I hate phrases like "I'm just being honest" or "I only say x because I care about you." Grrr!!!! With friends who say nasty comments-- who needs enemies?
Good for you for the clarity and for taking such good care of your sweet self.
xxoo

Angie Muresan said...

I am glad you realized that this person isn't a friend. Some people thrive on how much they can make someone uncomfortable. Glad that you aren't putting up with it. Hugs to you, sweet friend.