Monday, November 17, 2008

a little sit down



last week was a tough week. nothing terrible, i'm happy to say, just enough to break my stride. it seems not only did i get the wind knocked out of my sails, also, i could'nt get things to align and flow. i felt stuck and frustrated.

today...

i feel as if i am dusting myself off and preparing to get back on the horse again. a good friend had a little sit down casually with me. gently she asked 'shall we have a glass of wine?' i nodded yes. she then adds 'shall we make it champagne?' even the thought of the bubbles are inspiring...

she asked me about my concerns, my hopes and desires. she mentioned how time is passing. and how, though my next move may not be perfect, it is important to begin again.

with a sense of awe, as i look back over the past few years, i not only marvel at time's ability to mend a broken heart, also, at its capacity to usher in wonder...

i marvel at how life can renew itself in the most precious and wondrous ways. as i am older and i hope wiser, i can see the beauty that is... especially if i take care. i like very much this notion of 'taking care.' there is so much that is precious to us... family and friends, our doings and hopes and desires. i like the idea of taking care of them. ...and the sweetness of friends helping us to take care as well.

...as i am ready to begin again.

image de maxinne marie

4 comments:

Julianne said...

A lovely post and picture again. Sorry you had a bad week. It is awesome that each day is a new beginning, just like the sunrise.

Lavinia said...

Oh L'air du temps...sometimes I think that this is what life itself is made of: starting over. Again and again and again. I myself have been through so many phases....and now another one starting, as my daughter is getting older and more independent.

Last week was not your best shining moment, but you are fortunate to have a friend like you do, who comes bearing champagne.... and a shoulder and an ear to hear.

I admire your sweet spirit Audrey...take heart, there are better better best times ahead for you....I can feel it!

La Belette Rouge said...

I am not at all surprised you have such a lovely friend who gave you such good advice. So, are you ready to begin again? And, what shall you begin?

I am not able to conceptualize what I am doing as starting again as I am still processing all the loss---but each day I move forward the best I can. I guess that I am inadvertently moving forward.

Just one step towards the direction of your heart. Just one tiny step, and then another, and then another.
I am rooting for you.
xoxo

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

Beautiful post...
I'd just add something I learnt late in life and that is, it is just as important to take care of yourself as it is for others to take care of you and you to take of them...I'm "rooting for you" too..:)