Wednesday, January 6, 2010

rockn' and rolling

whoa! one of those mornings. they say you know you are getting older when you wake up and feel like you have a hangover and you haven't been drinking. think i ate something yesterday that left me stomach a little funny and me head groggy. i like to sip my tea calm and sweet in the morning. this morning i felt like i needed a little something stronger to bring me out of my grogginess and clear me head.

i've some tea from london. for some reason their stuff is strong (at least for me). i distinctly remember buying it in a gorgeous little tea shop in london. the lady there was so pretty amongst all the teas and pretty things. i remember as she was ringing my purchase up thinking 2 things; 1. that she is so pretty. and 2. how long will this tea last me until i can come to london again.

i'm finding instead of stretching the goods, i'll just have to visit london and me other favs more often.

the picture above reminds me so much of the eighties. i had my very first job while in school working in manhattan, down in greenwich village. i was in awe of the vibe down there. punk rockers were everywhere with their purple and green and pink hair. loved it! felt like i was on another planet.

been a while since i've connected with you... i dew plan to drop in!!

hope your day is sweet... and you are well...

3 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Missed you, dear Audrey. Hope you feel better soon. I require strong coffee and tons of it, every morning. How fun going to London! Wouldn't it be absolutely fantastic if a few of us blogger gal pals would meet for a weekend in either London or Paris? Such fun we'd have! We'd probably talk nonstop, wouldn't we? Lots of hugs from me to you!!!

Susu Paris Chic said...

Dear Audrey,

I hope that the precious tea will mend your body...

Paris got her snow blanket last night. It is all pure and white outside. I like the picture of your post. It tickles some memories also in me...

London and a tea shop - quite pure and genuine. So many beautiful things in this wondrous world of ours. I bet you will live a tiny moment of gold today...

Paris kisses!

l'air du temps said...

hey Angie, thanks for the well wishes. my little groggy feeling turned into a little sniffle. i think it won't be bad, i feel better than yesterday, so that's a good sign.

us girls meeting in london or paris... hmmm... cool!!!! love this idea!

i'm sending some hugs your way as well!! be warm...

Dear Susu, i like the precious picture you share, Paris under a light blanket of snow. sounds beautiful! take it in and enjoy!!