Wednesday, August 25, 2010

an artist's thought



i like to fancy myself as a writer, i/we (all who visit this space) enjoy words and ideas, and i think it's safe to add pretty things. the writer is in constant pursuit of trying to capture that which seems ethereal. the stuff which slips through our fingers and escapes our specific memory (what was i thinking again?). we try to bring feather light ideas down to earth, in a word, story or poem... it's fantastical work...
i'm choosing my new painting class, my second one. and i surprised myself when i asked an advisor while choosing between two classes that interest me... i said i am trying to choose between the one that my head says to take and the one my heart wants... funny right, we get this dilemma in life, that which our head says and that which our heart wants...
so far i'm leaning towards the one with my heart... the one full of colours and vibrancy...

...above painting by sophie coryndon, 'where metaphor and allusion reveals the mythic potential in everyday objects...'

5 comments:

Red Lipstick said...

Hello dear Audrey! I'm excited that you are going to paint! What fun. I need to put my paints to use as well; they aren't doing anyone a bit of good in their boxes. So easy to buy them, so hard to use! Enjoy your classes and I hope you share your work!

Susu Paris Chic said...

Paint your route dear... Let your heart guide you. Always.

Angie Muresan said...

Choose the heart. Always choose the heart. Life is too short, sweet friend.

La Belette Rouge said...

Tourjours la cœur!!

Barbara von Enger said...

I fancy myself as a writer, too. I am so in love with words and their meanings - but I am drawn to the creative side of writing. I paint, too, so paint away, my lovely, paint! So happy to have stumbled upon your blog via Susa's charming online home;-)