Friday, August 13, 2010

the pleasure of missing

the pleasure of missing. i am missing something... and instead of it being a painful longing, it is a kind of silent bliss-filled anticipation. not quite sure what it is. the expectation lends a kind of pleasure, a wonder... and i am open and waiting... excited about what it may be.

where is august going so soon and so quickly? the days are streaming by like the lyrics of a sweet song. i want to slow them down, a gentle pause for the sake of the flowers and green leave-filled fluffy trees, the warmth of the sea... and for me too... to indulge in the warmth of summer.

all things must change... summer begins to give way to autumn. but not just yet. there's still time to enjoy... and simply perhaps autumn can't get here quick enough for those who suffer in the summer heat. your time is coming... for sure and in confidence.

are you well? i sincerely hope so. missed u!!

5 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I have missed you and I LOVE seeing you here. I so hope that are having a lovely August.
I am not a summer gal. I am a fall lover. I am looking forward to my time coming.xo

l'air du temps said...

sweet Belette, so good to meet you here again! i deeply appreciate your continued presence... 'a girl needs good company:))'

morrisey playing on the music box now... i know you are a fan.

fall is coming...hold on.

have a wonderful weekend.

Angie Muresan said...

Oh yes, I am well. Cannot believe that summer is almost over. It has been a busy one for me. Busy, yet blessed. Hugs and love to you!!!

l'air du temps said...

Angie, the summer just flew by!! so glad you are well:))

Red Lipstick said...

I'm so glad you are back! I've been away myself, from blogland. I've missed my dear friends whom I've made and consider part of my life. I'm getting married on 9/3! I hope you are well, and healthy. I'm looking forward to fall.