Friday, August 13, 2010

paint on canvas

i'll try and explain... this summer i took my very first art class ever. i never went to kindergarden so my art career has been delayed for some time now... i didn't even sign up for the class this summer. a friend dragged me along and it has opened me up in some of the sweetest ways. imagine me there afraid to mix colours and put paint brush to canvas. i might mess it up... fail. part of the plan, i'm told. beginners can't be perfect. genuises aren't even perfect. there in the art studio, at some point i had to but the paint on the canvass. ...learning to try and make mistakes and how those mistakes can be fixed and lead to even more glorious places than had i not tried at all.


no one told me it spills over into life. i could see me learning to but the basics into place over the years... food, warmth and creature comforts. i wanted more, i felt greedy. learning that there are various levels of well being... when basic levels are met we are open to moving on to the stuff that satisfies our heart and our being... not greed, living a well balanced and inspired life.

i find something linear, moving up the ladder is fantastic!! and i have too, glimpses of a kind of blend... a harmonious existence... all the colours/ways of being present in harmony... it takes time...


put the paint on the canvas. mess it up. and see what we get...

5 comments:

Susu Paris Chic said...

How enchanted am I to see you back... Welcome to your creative world, dear Audrey!

Yay for messing up. Life is not perfect. Life is not clean-colored. Yet life is pure in its "dirtiness". Because only by going out there and doing it, the things that you fear, can you gain confidence. And to advance. Stroke by stroke.

Drawing and painting are some of my getaways. I try not to get critical, but just to enjoy. Come what may. If I don't like the result, I start again. New beginnings are always blissful.

Let's see what this new season will bring us here on L'Air...! I can already distinguish the inspiring hues in the horizon.

l'air du temps said...

'yay for messing up!' what a powerful statement dear Susu. ...augh, the courage to try... and the wonders that come as a result. indeed!! thanks so much for your warm and beautiful notes on welcoming me back... sweet and warm...

hugs

Angie Muresan said...

I think that is a beautiful gift to give yourself, Audrey. Art has a way of spilling into daily life in the most wonderful way.

I am so glad you are back, sweetie. Missed you!

l'air du temps said...

Angie, I am so learning how Art has its way of spilling over into daily life... i love it!

hugshugshugs&hugs

Red Lipstick said...

How wonderful for you! I loved art as a child, and now am trying to get back into it. Its so great that you are giving this gift to yourself.