Saturday, March 27, 2010

there's still time

there's still time to be cosy and warm. cool again on this side, as winter holds on while spring is slipping in. it's inevitable, spring blossoms are own their way, but first, winter has juuuust a few more doings to do... in the meantime cosy and warm are on the agenda...

maybe you remember i wrote recently about a walk with friends along the mediterranean in the small town of Sitges, near barcelona. it was there that i witnessed a most beautiful sunset.

Hans is a fine friend of mine.



we were lucky enough to share the same time in barcelona. there meetings for coffee turned into long walks through that beautiful city, which turned into a feeling for sipping wine or beer in an outdoor cafe, 'but first let's check out this book store, or maybe that music store...' hours escaped us and still it seemed we could keep going discovering such a lovely city, unbeknown to us, quietly a friendship was forming. sweet surprises...

when i first met Hans and i asked what he did, he shared that he was a musician. i said 'oh,' and left it at that. then one night i went to hear him perform, to play and sing, and to my surprise he really is a fine artist. i realised then, as a new yorker i find everyone is a musician, a writer, an actor and on and on. i don't always believe them. so i was surprised to see and hear, for me, the melodic sounds of my friend.

the group debonair's desert song (Hans on voice... guitar too?), have a listen here http://debonair.posterous.com/new-track-desert-song let me know how you experience it...

the blog is here... have a little peak into his doings in denmark... http://debonair.posterous.com/

be warm, be sweet you, and get ready to blossom as spring finds her way in!

4 comments:

Susu Paris Chic said...

How light and sweet the music... This is something I would love listening over and over again. Relaxing and just precious.

I toured around Hans's blog and found that he teaches Alexander technique. I don't know much about it, but from what I read I bet it could do this lil' lady a whole lot of good.

Spring is on its way, but slowly... I'm joyful about the few rays of sun light. Heading out for my Sunday morning run. I will keep Hans's sounds on my mind... making my steps lighter.

Have a blessed Palm Sunday my dear!

Angie Muresan said...

I will have to go and listen . I know what you mean about everyone saying they are one thing or another, in a city like NYC, and not always believing.

Hoping that Spring makes it comeback soon for you, dear friend. I love the rain and the wind, I do. But only on Sundays when I can nap away the time.

La Belette Rouge said...

No matter the season your blog always feels warm, comfortable, sweet and ready to blossom. Thank you, sweets for sharing your friend with us. I am off to listen.
xoxo

Angie Muresan said...

Audrey, you are the sweetest ever, you know? Wishing you a lovely Easter. Love and hugs to you!