Tuesday, December 15, 2009


the actress robin wright penn talked about never really liking her work as an actress during an interview on charlie rose. she also talked about fear, and how after a while it's so tiresome being afraid all the time. thing is, she shares, just do it, fail if you have to, there may be something on the other side of that fear.

she has a new film out called the private lives of pippa lee, which looks good but heavy. she was teary eyed saying this work she is proud of. ... i enjoy her as an actress. i'm surprised to hear that she has not been satisfied with her work. i'm pleased to hear that this performance she loves. i'm sorry that fear holds us in it's grips.

each day is a new opportunity, a new chance to try again. i love that this is...

4 comments:

Susu Paris Chic said...

I saw the film and loved it. It was a bit heavy but not that much either. Well, in my opinion that is.

Fighting fear is a constant battle for me. I do not want to be hindered by it. So I give it my very best to be active and bubbly. Pushing the envelope a pinch, just the dose I feel comfortable with.

l'air du temps said...

Susu,

I think that i will go and see this film, thanks for your opinion of it, it does look like it is good.

I heard someone say that we must learn to dance with fear... this makes sense since it doesn't seem to go away, so we must learn to deal with it. ahem, i think i am talking to myself here...

sending hugs!

Angie Muresan said...

I like the quiet beauty of Robin Wright Penn. There's something so graceful in it, so feminine and yet, powerful.

l'air du temps said...

Hi Angie, I agree with you, well said. I'm sure she would blush about your words... beautiful and kind...