Monday, December 21, 2009

girl talk


talked by phone with my longtime friend g. today. hee hee we stumbled upon the idea of how when we were girls in our twenties how we would get dressed in cute little dresses to go out on the town for the evening. the idea came about by seeing the young ladies now in little dresses and high heels in a snow storm. we had to laugh because we did the very same thing as stupid as it is.

oh i loved the fashion from the eighties...


it makes most people cringe, but it's nostalgic for me, when it's so much fun for a girl to be adorably pretty... i had all kinds of magazines piled up near a wall in my room. my mom would walk in and just smile. i loved books and fashion magazines and they filled my room...

3 comments:

Susu Paris Chic said...

"Desperately Seeking Susan", remember that...? Or "Sixteen Candles" or "The Breakfast Club"? I can still hear that awesome David Bowie soundtrack. I join in your sweet fashion memory gold. As for me, the fashion fixation continues. Happy to have been there, joyful to be here.

Your Christmas plans sound utterly wonderful...

l'air du temps said...

Oh Susu, what a list of films, love them! so true it was a grande time, and now is preettty sweet too. i love the ideas of various chapters in our lives... today is a gorgeous present to unwrap!

Angie Muresan said...

I don't remember all that much from the eighties. We had just moved to the US from Italy and I had learned a British version of English my entire life. American English sounded so funny and cool. What was I thinking?? Still, I spent my teens trying to shake off the British accent and learn the American.