Tuesday, November 10, 2009

alegria



ok. i'm on my way back. the guests have gone and i hope they had as nice a time as i did. can you imagine seeing nyc for the very first time? i love showing folks around too because it allows me to see the city through virgin eyes... and new perspectives...

walking across the brooklyn bridge
views at sunset atop the empire state building
ice skating at rockefeller center
strolls through central park on into the metropolitan museum of art...
dining and wine...

i'm sweetly tired. you know that feeling when you're exhausted after an exquisite time? i'm slowly recovering, the soothing comforts of tea, lisa ekdahl on the music box, sting concert tickets arrived yesterday, and missing you and wanting so much to get back to writing. when i am writing i feel at home.



dear blog friends, may i please say to you that something is in the air. after some years of deep introspection, quiet and aloneness, my spirit speaks to me and tells me, that was a season and that season is ending. dare i embrace my gifts, all of them, and step out on life? in the past fear has kept me stuck, but now, though still fearful at times, i know as the writer Audre Lorde says, fear will not keep me safe. i am urged now to step out on life... work, home, joy, love, living!!

i feel like the little cracks in my heart are mending nicely, and we are ready to try again. i smile, i look and see, i listen and hear, i pray, breathe, and go slowly...

sending kisses to you...
can you believe there is already christmas stuff happening? i don't mind, i love it, the music, all the pretty sparkly colours and decor, cosy thoughts of festive gatherings and cheer... we've still got some time before the actual day, don't let yourself get overwhelmed with what you're 'supposed' to do, instead be taken over by all the stuff you love, and let the rest go...

4 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Audrey, it is so great to hear that you've enjoyed yourself with your guests. I wondered about you this weekend and about how things were going with your company there. (I couldn't help but check in from time to time, to see if you had written anything.) Also, I am very thrilled to hear you are ready to go forward and not allow fear to keep you from fulfilling your potential.

Susu Paris Chic said...

Dear Audrey,

As I was having fun around Paris with my dearest ones, I thought about you. How sweet that you had such a great time!

You know, when I come over there, I also would like to do that list of yours, except skating - unfortunately spring won't allow. But there will be tons of other pleasures.

I'm excited to read that you feel time is getting ripe for you to move on to other periods. Eras with more happiness and challenges. Keep taking those small steps my dear, and it'll happen. You'll see. Have a sweet day. Here in France we celebrate the anniversary of the end of the First World War - and thus we're off from work. I'll surely head out for a long walk in the parks...

A Paris hug!

Karen Hossink said...

Hi Audrey,

Stopped over here from Angie M's blog, and it's so nice to meet you.
I visited NYC in 1989 with my high school choir. Loved the energy and excitement in the City. I did not want to go home!
At that time in my life my dream was to become a Broadway performer, and New York City felt great to me. Would love to go back again sometime - even just to poke my head in a bagel shop and enjoy the aroma once more. *grin*

Have a lovely day!
~Karen

Ruth said...

Hi, I found this blog because Angie M mentioned it, and I like your writings. I had to comment on this post, because I will never forget my first trip to the great city, now almost 5 years ago. But I've had reason to go back almost every year (family on the east coast), and each time I go, I feel I don't want to leave. I hope one day to experience living there.