Thursday, November 26, 2009

bon appétit


when i was a little girl i liked to sit on the counter in the kitchen while folks were around cooking and chatting. my mom used to say to me "i don't understand why you have to put your butt on my counter." another thing i liked doing was eating the food out of the pot as soon as my mom finished cooking. i didn't want to wait for it to be served. my mom would just look at me and laugh. for some reason food tastes better to me out of the pot, chinese food tastes better out of the carton, beer tastes better out of the bottle, and ice cream tasted better spooned right out of it's container... this thanksgiving, have a wonderful day no matter how you choose to spend it or how you choose to eat your goodies... bon appétit!

3 comments:

Angie Muresan said...

Thank you, dear Audrey! My daughter does the same. Always on the counter, poking her little nose in every pot.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
We're all here at my parents' house, sitting around and reminiscing about childhood and being chased by turkeys while visiting family in the country (mom had us three girls dressed in matching red capes, and you know how turkeys love red!).
Hard to believe that we're all grown with families of our own, and that both my parents are aging and confronting illnesses.
Blessings to you! I must get back in the other room now, I hear my name called.
Bon appetit!

Susu Paris Chic said...

I'm thankful for having you as a friend!

Now that said... I used to love licking the bowl after having baked... well anything. I baked my first cake at the age of eleven, and from there on I'd sometimes bake goodies just to have some batter left out "to be cleaned". I suppose there's some liberty to savoring things right out of the container - breaking the social rules of having to do it in a certain, appropriate way!

Then referring to your comment on my blog... live music in NY sounds super good!

Bon week-end chère Audrey!

l'air du temps said...

Oh Angie, how cute of you to pop in during your thanksgiving festivities!! it really sounds like it was a great time. All the generations together celebrating... plenty of good stuff for thanksgiving!!

Hey Susu, that's a new thing that I learned about you... you enjoy baking. Sweet! I know what you mean, there's something about licking the bowl after the cake batter.

thanks a bunch for having me as a friend. I am indeed thankful!